1 summer squash
1 Japanese eggplant
2 small red onions
fresh basil sprigs
1 tablespoon olive oil
8-16 ounces cooked pasta
salt, pepper, garlic (diced)
1 pound ground beef from Smith Angus Farm
1. Dice tomatoes. Reserve about half for garnish.
2. Chop, slice or dice remaining vegetables (with peels on).
3. Brown beef with onions and garlic (or just onions and garlic with oil if you’re not using beef).
4. Add vegetables (eggplant first); let cook until tender.
5. Toss sauce and pasta. Add salt, pepper, raw diced tomato and fresh chopped basil as garnish.