We are now accepting members for our 2017 Fall Season!
Sign up HERE!
We grow 100% of our produce using beyond organic methods, though at this point, we are not certified. Ask us about our farming practices or check out our website for more details. This year, we are partnering with friends & local businesses to offer you honey & gourmet edible mushrooms. We offer three CSA share sizes & an EARLY BIRD special (about 5% off) to members who are willing & able to pay their shares in full by mid-February. We only run this special just once per year. You may use it to pay for just the Spring season or for the whole year.
We can use your early investment to purchase much-needed winter farming inputs like seeds, money for projects like building a permanent wash station, building a second cooler, building a root cellar, tools for pruning apple trees, pear trees & blueberry bushes & so, so much more. The better we’re able to use our time during the so-called “off”season, the better we’re able to make sure your CSA shares are amazing when Spring rolls around. If you are able to make a payment in full, please consider investing your money in your CSA. On the other hand, if you need to pay on a payment plan, we can work with you there too. Just let us know. Also, we’re always open to discussing work share relationships. We can trade you for your labor, but we mostly need folks who can come on weekdays, are able to come fairly regularly (as in once/week or so), & are particularly suited to paying attention to detail.
In addition to delicious, beautiful, fresh, nutritious, non-certified organic produce, members also receive weekly emails & regular invitations to farm events. Events include our Annual Spring Planting Party & Potluck, pick your own opportunities, various work parties & our Annual OctoberFEAST & sweet potato harvest.
We will begin the Spring CSA season in late March & it will run through June (for 14 weeks). We will have all sorts of delicious, chemical-free produce for the Spring CSA season including Spring veggies like lettuce, root veggies (turnips, radishes, beets, carrots, etc.), greens (kale, collards, arugula, mustard, bok choy, tatsoi, etc., broccoli, herbs & more. We begin harvesting strawberries for our CSA members around the first of May. One of the advantages of being in our CSA is that you get first dibs on all of our produce, especially our super sweet, super clean STRAWBERRIES. We’ll also have many of your summer favorites like summer squash, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, potatoes, onions, cucumbers & more. Since our Spring/Summer season is over by the end of June, we include late Summer items in our Fall CSA.
You can look forward to lots & lots of variety during the Fall CSA season, which will begin early to mid September & go through to December (since so many folks go out of town for Thanksgiving, we will take a break from CSA that week – but we will offer an optional Thanksgiving ala carte order for those of you sticking around). In the beginning of the Fall season, you will see end of Summer produce like sweet & spicy peppers, tomatoes, summer squash, Japanese & Italian eggplant, okra & more. The Fall shares will also include cooler season crops like radishes, several different kinds of lettuce, spinach, arugula, bok choy, tatsoi, kale, collards, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, turnips, scallions, cilantro, dill, parsley, beets, chard, carrots, daikon, dandelion greens, fennel, kohlrabi, & more. We hope to include apples & pears in our shares. We’re working on chemical-free orchard management & we’re a few years behind on pruning, as we just moved to the farm June 2016, so we’ll work hard to have them, but it never hurts to also keep your fingers crossed we have good mojo working in our favor too.
We have hopes of starting a regular winter CSA season beginning in January 2018.
We offer three CSA share sizes:
– The small share is great for singles or folks who don’t have the time to cook most days of the week. Small shares receive as much & the same as Regular shares, just every other week. We also suggest this share for folks who have never been a CSA member. This share includes 6-8 items every other week for 7 of 14 weeks for the Spring & 7 of 14 weeks in the Fall. Members may purchase the Spring small share for $210 ($200, if paid by 2/15/17) or the full year for $420 ($400, if paid by 2/15/17).
– The regular share is great for a family of four or a couple of people who love their veggies. This share includes 6-8 items every week for 14 weeks in the Spring – or a total of 28 weeks for the full year (two seasons). Members may purchase the Spring regular share for $350 ($330, if paid by 2/15/17) or the full year for $700 (or $660, if paid by 2/15/17).
– The large share is great for a family of 4 or more or for folks who would like to eat more veggies, get more variety & get a chance at the first of the seasons’ veggies. Large share CSA members often get the most popular items first, as they are just coming in & they also get some of the less than usual items to add spice & variety to their meals. Large shares are especially for households where a lot of cooking is going on (or juicing). This share includes 8-11 items for 14 weeks. The large share is $490 ($465, if paid by 2/15/17) or the full year for $980 ($930, if paid by 2/15/17).
We offer three CSA pick up locations:
– Tuesdays 4:30-6:30pm at Five Points, 1911 Bernard Street, Raleigh
– Wednesdays 4-7pm at The Farm, 456 Friendly Pooch Lane Pittsboro, NC 27312
– Saturdays 8am-noon at Western Wake Farmers’ Market 260 Town Hall Drive (5 minutes from our old location)